- The first step before start using the application is to create a new virtual gateway where all the new virtual devices created in this application will be associated. For more information, you can check the following article
- Then, click on the "Add Gateways" button. Here we have to select the gateway created in the step 1 and indicate the token you can find when you are editing the gateway (for more information, visit the following article). Once you have indicated the token,if we click on "Save list" it should appear a "green tick" near the token, indicating that everything is correct.
- Then we click on "Add new device" in order to start creating a new virtual device
- Name: name of the device. This name will represent the ID of the device, so we recommend to be unique and don't use special characters.
- Gateway: we have to select where it will be created the new device. It has to be one of the gateways configured in the step 1 and 2
- Parameter: final parameter of the devices. Example: Active Energy, Reactive Energy, etc.
- Frequency: frequency of the imported data.
- Once we have indicated the previous fields, we click on "Show list of variables" and "Add new variable". Here we have to select all the devices that will conform the formula to create the new virtual device.
- vX: name of the variable we have to use in the formula. They are created consecutively and automatically
- Device: one of the devices used to create the new virtual device and appears on the formula
- Parameter: initial parameter. It's related to the device previously selected
- Formula: indicate the final formula la formula using the variables previously created. We can use any kind of operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, sin, cos, etc
- Save all devices: save all the devices created
Edit and delete a device
- In order to calculate historical data of the new virtual device, click on "Recalculate". Select the "From" and "To" and wait until all the data is imported. Remember that all the devices that forms the new virtual devices must have data available
- If you want to delete a device, just click on "delete device".
To keep in mind
- New virtual devices will count as new datapoints, so you will need extra datapoints in order to accept them
- App will be executed each 2 hours and will calculate the values from 6 hours ago. This restriction is to assure that all the data forming the formula have arrived correctly
- If data hasn't arrived for one or more variables in a formula, Virtual Devices App won't calculate any value.
- New virtual devices must be associated to a location in order to visualize them on all the analysis menus.