Note 1: A location is the DEXCell Energy Manager logical unit. Depending on your deployment, a location can be a single office, a building, a factory, an airport, etc.
Example: If we are deploying DEXCell Energy Manager in a restaurant, we can synchronize a real gateway with
many electrical meters and an internet weather station. Then we will need to configure the real
location called, for example, “Restaurant Núria” (restaurant’s name).
Configure a Location
1. Access to the "Settings" menu of the DEXCell Energy Manager and then Click on “Locations”
2. In your Professional account, you can create 3 different kind of elements: zone, location and sublocation. For more information click on the following link. By default, it's just created the "root", which is the name of the account.
3. We recommend to spend a couple of minutes thinking about the final hierarchy of the location before start creating all the elements.
Let's put an example in order to better understand the procedure. Imagine we have different buildings in 2 countries: Italy and France.
3. First of all, we will create 2 Zones: Italy and France. In order to do that, we click under "New Zone". We indicate the names and assign the devices there are devices to assign (for example a weather station for each country)
4. Then we can create all the locations representing each building. We have to select the parent for each location (if it's located in Italy or in France). We click on "New Location"
5. Finally it's time to create the sublocations. That is a single part of the location, and are optional. We have to click on "New sublocation"
You should have something like that:
Edit a Location
When you are under the "Elements list" menu, you will be able to click on each name of the hierarchy tree and edit all the basic configuration of the element. Depending on the element, some of them won't be available:
- Information: basic information such as the name, the surface, winter and summer temperatures, address, tags, etc.
- Devices: assign devices to that element. Remember that one device can only be assigned to one element (root, zone, location or sublocation)
- Groups: create groups using single devices assigned to the location or by hierarchy
- Reference Meters: configure the reference devices to use in the Reports or the Dashboards
- Assign Supplies and prices: assign a supply to a device to visualize its Cost. Remember that a device can only be assigned to one supply.
- Ratios: configure and create ratios to normalize your consumption
To configure the hierarchy tree of your project, click under
In order to check that you have configured all the basic information in all your accounts and you didn't missed something, DEXCell EM provides a third view in the Location menu called "inventory". Here you can check quickly all the reference meters, the surface, the path, etc.