- Devices with a binary switch
- Other devices
Binary SwitchMost 4Noks devices use a switch system to determine their address. Each switch represents a bit of the binary address being the left swich the Less Significant Bit. Do not use addresses smaller than 16.
Address = Switch1*1 + Switch2*2 + Switch3*4 + Switch4*8 + Switch5*16 + Switch6*32 + Switch7*64 + Switch8*128
Other devicesSome 4Noks devices do not have a switch to set the address and the configuration is made using either a Z-HANDZER device or manually sending modbus commands.
Z-HANDZERFollow this steps:
- Turn the Z-HANDZER on.
- Select "Join Netw":
- Select "Commands":
- Select "Sens Menu":
- Selecct "Set Address":
- You're done
Modbus Commands (advanced users only)To be able to change the address you need to send 3 messages:
- Read Input register 0 of address 127.*
- Write 6521 to Holding register 0 of address 127.
- Write X to Holding register 2 of address 127 (where X is the new address we want to use, 23 for example)
- Write 1 to Coil 0 of address 127
- Read Input register 0 of address X (where X is the address set in step 3).*