- Make sure that devices are receiving data. To do this, we can go to Gateways> Edit Gateway > Last data and verify that we actually have data
- Create a location
- To have assigned the devices to the location previously created
2. I have created a new supply to my account, but I can't visualize the cost of my devices. What could be the problem?
In order to visualize the cost of each of our devices, we have to be sure of:
- To have a valid contract
- To have assigned the devices to a location
- To have the devices assigned to a supply. The supply assignment has to be done on Settings > Locations > Assign supplies and prices
3. I have created a group of devices but I can't visualize it on analisis screen. What could be the problem?
In order to visualize any group created, we have to be sure to have it properly configured for each of the parameters which the group is going to be displayed. We must make sure we have selected the basic parameters of energy (or source required) quarterhourly, hourly, weekly and monthly.
4. I want to upload historical data to my account, what I have to keep in mind?
- First of all, we have to be sure that we have no data for the period we want to upload our historical data. We can't insert data for a period that already has
- The excel file mustn't be more than 2MB
- Be sure we are introducing the parameter and device ID properly
- Be sure that format date is the adequate (DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm) and the numbers are numbers (not formulas)
5. I have a peak in the graph of one of my devices. How I can fix it?
- We can remove the outlier which is causing this peak. For that, we go to Settings > Gateways > Delete readings and we remove the outlier
- To ensure at all, we recalculate the corresponding parameter and check that the peak has disappeared
6. I'm trying to create a widget, but appears the "No data" message. What could be the problem?
When we are creating a widget, we have to be sure of:
- The corresponding device has data for the parameter we want to visualize
- To have the reference meters properly assigned. We can do that on Settings > Locations > Reference meters
7. I am trying to generate a bill simulation report. What I have to keep in mind?
- The Main device has data
- To have properly configured the "Main supply meter"
- To have a valid contract
- Devices have been assigned to the supply
8. Values are higher or lower than expected. What happens?
- Most energy meters use current transducers with a specific transformation rate, for example: 500/5 (500 A in the transducer will result in 5 A on the meter). It is necessary to configure this ratio on the energy meter to ensure that data is correct.
9. Which is the maximum longitude of an RS485 cable?
- Following the specifications of RS485 protocol, the maximum length at 100 Kbps is 1200 meters but there are many factors that can reduce this effective length (electromagnetic interferences, damaged connections, ...). For better results use always industrial shielded cable.
10. How many devices can be on the same RS485 bus?
- The RS485 specifies that a maximum of 32 devices can be placed on the same bus. Addresses must be between 1 and 255.
11. Which browsers are supported in DEXCell Energy Manager?
- We fully recommend using Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If you are using IE, we assure the compatibility from IE 11 and above