When should we use the option of "Reference period"?
- When we have monitored data, at least, from a representative activity period of my facility.
- When we don't have available external data for correlation (degree day, occupation, etc.) or we don't want to use them.
- When energy consumption is independent of any external variable measurable
- When the correlation coefficient with external data is very low (less than 20%)
Which is the demonstrative activity period of my facility?
We have to know which is the period of time with a representative cycle of activity in our facility in order to know which is the minimum period of data we should collect before make our baseline. Here, we have some examples:
What exactly does the "Temporary Ranges"?
This option aggregates data by mean/ median based on a time window (day, week, month, year) of the amount of data that the client set.
For example, if we are making a substitution of LED's which we have 2 months of data before the date of implementation of the schedules improvements, and our representative period of activity (supermarket) is a week, we can "overlay" 8 weeks with hourly frequency and make the median, obtaining a "approximate" baseline of our theoretical consumption:
How do I set in DEXCell Energy Manager?
- In the step 2 of configuring our "Measure & Verification" project we select "by temporal ranks"
- We select the dates where we have data
- We select the representative time frame for the activity period of our facility (daily, weekly, monthly,...)
- In the option " Group by" we have to choose between median and average depending on what we think could be better. If our data has a Normal distribution, there won't be any difference. If we have peaks or corrupted data, median is a more realistic measurement.
- We can write the error if we know exactly or if we prefer, DEXCell Energy Manager can autocalculate the error. We just have to click on "Autocalculate error". In the precalculated baseline graph, will be shown with a dashed line the higher and lower margin error in a red and green color.
- We click on "Preview" and DEXCell Energy Manager will show us the precalculated baseline. If we are agree, we click on "Continue" and we follow with the next steps.