HOWTO: Import historical quarterhourly electrical energy from EXCEL
If you have historical quarterhourly electrical energy data probably you would like to import into your DEXCell Energy Manager account. Let's see how to:
- Log in into DEXCell Energy Manager with a SuperAdmin or Admin user.
- Go to "Settings" > "Gateways" and select the gateway you want to import data. If you don't have any, create a "virtual gateway" clicking on "register a new gateway"
- Go to "import Excel" tab and click on "New data import" and download the "template.xls"
- On the template, you just need to introduce the "device" identificator, the "parameter" identificator and the data you want to upload:
- The "device" identificator can be find on "devices" tab, inside the gateway. It's on the "ID" columm.
- For quarterhourly electrical energy, the "parameter" identificator is 402, but data must be aggegated. If not, DEXCell Energy Manager will not calculate the derived parameters (quarterhourly, hourly, daily, weekly and monthly) properly.
- Once introduced both "device" and "parameter", it's time to introduce the readings. Simply type the timeStamp under "Date" columm with the format [dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm] (01/01/2013 00:00) and the energy aggregated value under the column 1.
- If you have more than one device where to import historical data under the same gateway you can use the same spreadsheet by adding columns. See the attached Excel file to see an example.
- Then go back to "New data import" window and select the Excel file you have generated.
- Click on "view data". DEXCell Energy Manager will validate that there is nothing wrong on our excel and that we don't have any data alredy on the dates that we want to import. Remind that the EXCEL file could'nt be large than 2MB.
- If everything is Ok, click on "import data" and data will be finally imported into your devices!